Sunday, August 16, 2015

# Wassane Premaya

Wassane Premaya – this week review


Week – August 10 to August 14 2015

Mmm what am I to say? Well I badly need a cute boyfriend like Aditya!!! I am just kidding J. Well but really guys Wassane Premaya is giving a totally different experience to our Sri Lankan audiences. I mean this drama is just so sweet and soo cute! It’s just like a KDrama at the moment and I just love it. Anyway let’s start the review for this week.


Thousands of blistering barnacles! Astha is to marry Aditya and well I am shocked. I never ever thought that this would come up so fast. I have to admit that it was a bit to fast track for me. It also makes me suspicious of what might happen to Astha in the future. Anyhow this week the episodes were just super cute.


Firstly Aditya is showing this extremely sweet, cute side of him and the fans are now in the world of cuteness and sudden smiles. Astha on the other hand readily accepts Aditya’s proposal without even giving it a second thought. If I was in Astha’s place I would have obviously asked for time to think about it. I mean, yes Aditya is super cute but hey this is the same guy who shouted at me, treated me like shit and hates women. What guarantee do I have that I would be able to live happily ever after with this guy? The suddenness of Astha’s “yes I like Aditya” just makes me suspicious of what the screen writers are up to. Are they going to make Astha’s life a living hell after marriage? Are they going to make them divorce as fast as they got married?  Are they going to make Aditya say that he faked all this cause he wanted to take revenge from Astha? Whatever it is it seems we will have to wait and see.


Astha is acting all cute with her love for Aditya. She is even brave enough to live with a monster of a mother in law for Aditya’s sake. However this week we did see hints of tension between the Danthanarayana’s and the Jayasekara’s. Will this heated tension between their families drift these lovers apart? If this happens it will be horrible for the fans and so sad.

On the other hand Astha’s mother is hiding a dark secret about her life from Astha. However this secret is known by Aditya’s mother and she is using to manipulate it for the Danthanarayana’s gain. Astha at the moment therefore is helplessly in love and is as helpless to stop what might destroy her family. Astha is trapped in a trap even Aditya cannot save her from. The Danthanarayana’s are up to no good and this week’s episode kind of showed their hidden plans.


Aditya as always is the arrogant man we have come to love. He still believes he kind of owns Astha since he declared his love for her publicly (literally as it went on national television). I just wish the screen writers just gradually take away Aditya’s patriarchal view on life. He thinks that Astha should simply bare with everything for his sake. If I was Astha I would just tell him to his face he better kick his patriarchal view out of his life if he wanted to live with me. His mother even told Astha’s mother that they can see Astha only on days the Danthanarayana’s tell them its okay. This really mad me angry and it made Astha’s mother angry to.


So this week, we had all those cute times when we all went “awwwwwwwwwww sooooo sweet” but also had times when the female viewers became badass feminists ready to kick some butts for Astha and her family.  By next week we will hear of Astha’s mother’s secret and its consequences on Astha. I believe its time we get ourselves ready for the Jayasekara VS Danthanarayana war in Wassane Premaya and also see how our poor couple gets stuck in between.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger