Wednesday, August 19, 2015

# Uthum Pathum

Upala Pregnant in Uthum Pathum!!!



Okay its official I hate this drama. I hate the fact that they put a woman this low. I mean come on Upala was such a nice girl. Why the hell did they have to make her pregnant? I know that she was obsessed with Kalum but come one would she give her virginity (I am being quite frank here) up for that!!!


She was of course Kalum’s little puppy and she was always behind Kalum but she is not a jackass!! She was always such a nice girl but the screen writers destroyed this girl. I am being conservative here of course. I have my views that sex should be after marriage and that is that but when it happened to Upala it was just unbelievable.


On the other hand Kalum is being such an ass. He is choosing money over true love and he is so cool about it. Upala is also not at all seeing the truth. I mean it is so annoying when this kind of crap happens in dramas. Yes I know I don’t know much about love at all but come on do women become that dumb when they in love? Don’t they have priorities? Which woman would give up her virginity for a guy who is to marry another woman?


This drama is extremely patriarchal.  It puts the men above the women. Now see the traditional Sri Lankan society ranges women from Madonna to Whore. Upala was of course the Madonna and now the writers have pulled her do to the so called whore level.  They could have just made Upala keep her last shred of dignity but no they wanted to pull her down that low. I am talking about most Sri Lankan’s view on this episode and these are not my personal views. I personally believe it is none of our business but at the end of the day what do these dramas give our young audience.

Most hilariously the pulled Upala lower by making her say “O I want to commit suicide! O mother kill me”. Come on screen writers this is not ROMEO AND JULIET!!!! If you cannot right a proper story just give up writing. This drama trust me is the most horrible drama I have watched in ages.  In this drama women are portrayed as love slaves even Varuni is such a thing. Sudu Hamineh is the only women who stood her ground as one strong woman but they kicked her out of the show.



 All the women in this drama are so one sided. Kalum’s mother is an “only my son is right “woman. Varuni is a “He is my guy I am having him some how even by hiding his wrongs”. Varuni’s mother is a Tiger mother. Upala’s mother is “my daughter is my life I will hid her wrongs”. Chamarie is a greedy woman. At the end of the day there is nothing much worth in this drama to watch. Well may be its time to bid adieu to this drama and wait for My Love from Another Star probably next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger