Sunday, September 29, 2013

# Wild Child's Journal

Why are women treated differently?


4.1.2007
Dear Journal.
Why can’t a woman be like a man? Why aren’t we treated the same? Today I went and played a 20 over match with the boys and one of the teachers scolded me. She said: “You are a girl no? Why are you dancing around with the boys? Go and play with your girl friends. Isn’t this unfair journal how come I have to play around with a doll who keeps on changing clothes while the boys get to hit a ball around and have an awesome time in the grounds? The teachers at my school call me a tomboy; they even dislike me because I never wear the skirt and the shirt but instead wear the P.E shorts everyday to school. I actually don’t care if they call me a Tom or a Jerry boy (BTW I think the teachers watch the Tom and Jerry show). Some call me a strong headed feminist (A woman fighter for women’s rights) and I think they are damn right. Why the f**** (Ops sorry I heard a boy saying that word at school what does that mean?) do they want me to bow down to the men and wait they are humans and so am I – I always have been and hope I always will be.  I even heard the bigger boys laugh at the idea of having women’s cricket team seriously journal isn’t it bad enough being a women but also being laughed at that’s sh*t. We are the ones who have tummy aches once a month for a week (my cousin sister told me that) and there is more pain when you are pregnant (with the injection and the weather balloon and all) and why don’t they respect us? Are we the new slaves of the 21st century?
Yours loving the strong headed feminist,

Apsara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger