Sunday, December 1, 2013

# Poems

Opened my eyes,


I was young,
So tiny,
So innocent
Not knowing anything about the world,
I dream and I tell her what I want to be,
She says she’ll do whatever to make me succeed.

I think the world’s beautiful so full of wonders,
I hope to see one day,
I feel and hear her but yet haven’t seen her,
I cry I want to see the world,
But she makes me understand,
Makes me think,
It’s far too expensive dear
She says,
I scream and I curse her,
I say I hate her but I never heard her cry,
I ask her what the world looks like and she makes me imagine,
I imagine that it’s a wonderful place.

One day she took me away somewhere,
Someone made my head ache,
My eyes hurt,
Then they said open your eyes,
I opened my eyes slowly,
Everything was so strange
So blurry and then I see her
She looked beautiful but her eyes were bandaged,
Then I understood she gave me her eyes to see,
I opened my eyes to see my mother blind,
I looked at the world,
After sometime,
I see it is not the place I imagined,
Was it worth the sacrifice?
Oh mother I love you,
How could I  have ever said I hated you,
You my mother,
 Opened my eyes…

 Janathri.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger