Monday, December 21, 2015

# Events

About Me



I am Janathri Weeratunga and I am a first year LLB student of University of London International Programmes. So this blog is my hobby and my part time job (sort of). I started this blog way back when I was doing my O/Ls so that I can get a place where I can practice my writing skills. However with time and my 100% obsession on dramas I converted my darling blog into an entertainment blog.

I am pretty much a drama addict but there is no particular set of dramas I like to watch. As I am a romantic at heart I usually drag my attention to the romance genre. However I am also an action fan and because of that I have an undying love for F&F, Transporter, Onk Bak and Chocolate. So yes I watch Thai, Japanese, Korean and Tamil (my guilty pleasure) movies. After all I am a diehard fan of Surya and Danush. Getting on to Korean dramas I do have quite a list of actors with Kim Soo Hyun being my favorite and others include Lee Min Ho, Lee Jong gi, Bae Soo bin etc…etc. However when it comes to actress I am a fan of Lee Young Ae, Park Hye shin, Suzy etc…etc.

Anyhow now I started this (as I have told before) just as a random blog but now it’s an entertainment blog with an average of 8000 to 10000 viewers a month. So of course I am proud but I really love my blog even without all views. I also happy to say that right now I am celebrating my blog reaching 60000+ views and I thank you for your support.

I usually write a few reviews on Sri Lanka dramas which include Wassane Premaya and Dedunnai Adarai. My reviews on foreign dramas include Queen Seondeok (Janahithakami Rajiniya), Ananthayen Aa Tharu Kumara (My Love from another Star), I Can Hear Your Voice (Hima Thuhina), Moon Embraces the Sun (Hiru Sadu Adarai), City Hunter, IKPND, YHM (Me Adarayai) etc. I am hoping to include many more reviews on dramas in the future. Right now I am in the process of writing more reviews on Korean dramas.

However sadly I am not able to watch all the dramas on TV and review them. A big problem my mother had is that I continuously analyze dramas when everyone is watching them. This makes them very angry but they always say old habits are hard to beat. I am an A/L literature in English student and my life revolved around analyzing, reading between the lines and understanding characters for 3 years. Even after almost 6 months of not doing it I kind of felt that I need to make use of these analyzing skills and ability to foresee the plot. So because of that I started my latest series of reviews on mylifeasasrilankana.blogspot.com. Without giving my parents full on lectures on why a particular drama is good or bad I started writing all of it down on the blog. This was quite a relief to them ( mind you).


So this is me and I hope I didn’t bore you to tearsJ. Please feel free to contact me on srilankacricket77@gmail.com or on my Google Plus account (Janathri Weeratunga). I am open to opinions, criticism or anything else you want to say about my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger