Saturday, December 26, 2015

# Events

My Blog – A boastful examination.


lifeasasrilankan.blogspot.com is almost 2 years old. I am not speaking of the exact date it was opened but the amount of time it has been an entertainment blog. Life did start a little slow and I had to take some risks and make some stupid mistakes to come all this way. My English didn’t start of as well as it is now. My English was not at all good until I met some inspirational teachers who made my English come up to the standard that it is now enjoying. I took years to master the art of writing and I bloody well did a lot of hard work. 


Speaking the truth this blog started off due to two reasons. Firstly I wanted to practice my creative writing. Secondly and most probably the biggest reason was my revenge plan (I am serious). This was made to show that I was able to do things my personal bullies could not. At school my earliest memories involved people bulling me because I was not good at my spelling. This involved teachers and students and I was going through hell. To add to this I was a keen reader which made one particular student remark that” Oh she reads but her English is just worthless”.

I coped with all this (mind you) until 2013 where I found my love for English Literature. I loved what I was reading and what I was writing + acting. Anyhow yet my English didn’t fit the standards. This is where I met my wonderful Literature teacher Sir Mahangu. I have to say he had a way of motivating people and making them work hard. So there started my love for Shakespeare, Wilfred Owen and Christina Rossetti. I take this opportunity to thank him for everything he did to make me be the person I am today.


So this blog may have proven to my dear bullies what I am capable of and I am happy about that (I am not being pathetic). After all it is not for nothing that people say that hard work pays off. Right now my blog is enjoying 67000+ views and a strong following on Google Plus with many readers contacting me on srilankacricket77@gmail.com too.

At the beginning my blog might have been a revenge plan but right now it is a part of my life. I do enjoy writing my reviews and love it when people send in positive comments, emails or messages. So what has my blog achieved more than those 67000+ views? Well let’s see (I am going to boast like hell hereJ ).

Let’s start off with the surprise I got on the 24th December when Saranga Disasekara himself commented on my Wassane Premaya (WP) review on Facebook. He had said that I was doing good work and that I should keep it up. Well many of you might say well what’s so big about it but I do have my reasons. I am personally a big fan of his and as he is the male lead in WP who is better to comment on it. So yes I am very happy with this. This was so nice of him to say and it finally shows that people are reading my reviews (also shows that they know my blog and I exist  J ). So I take this moment to thank his againJ .

 The first time however was when Mardava shared my post on Shakya Thenuwara on his personal FB account. This too was very nice of him and something that made me proud to be the admin of lifeasasrilankan.blogspot.com .

There are other numerous feats my blog has achieved (lol J) .

Due to my darling blog I even found two wonderful friends from Aussie who speak to me regularly and are a source of motivation for me. Also recently I have been getting a lot of mails on how I could improve my blog articles and where I might find the resources. Some have even sent mails to me on what sections of my articles I can improve and also detailed insights in to characters which has made me think of new meanings of the dramas I have reviewed. Thank you all.


Also my blog is having a growing fan base with a lot of them coming from Sri Lanka. Others countries such as Aussie, USA, India and New Zealand have also helped increase my page view numbers considerably. Many have even taken the time to stop by and post suggestions and criticisms. I take this opportunity to thank all these people too.


At the end of the day I hope you guys got to learn something out of my shameless boasting (proud mother of a 2 year old baby/blogJ ). After all I have gone through I never could got to this position without hard work. Trust me; I have finished almost 50+ pens just writing Literature answers so as to make them perfect. Hard work pays off that is what I have learnt from Sir Mahangu and through the progress of this blog. Moreover determination, self confidence and motivating people around you are things which are important to survive in life. Sometimes I think this whole blog is a waste of time and energy but at those times I read what my viewers have sent me and finally feel that I may be doing something (even something small) to bring something worth will for people around me.
  

My last advice is that you should have confidence in yourself and what you do and not give a shit about what other people say or do to/about you. Life is far too short to nurture regret and anger….thank you again for supporting me through page views and for you kind words and encouragements J I hope I didn’t bore you to death with my boastful writing but hey I ended everything in less than 1500 wordsJ. Let us meet again in another review…Farwell till then J J J J J J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger