Monday, June 25, 2018

# Dewani Inima # Fan fiction

Deweni Inima : Avantha’s POV : Chapter 2





Hey guys:) How are you doing? I am totally living my life in my home town, well actually stuffing my face with rambutan and oh boy life is good :)  So this is Chapter 2 of  Avantha's POV series and I quite enjoyed writing it down. The 1st Chapter did get over 100 veiws so I though since there was a set of people who were reading I might as well put up the second chapter. So guys this chapter is set right after Avantha and Anuhus patched up things and I have tried to put forward what I think Avantha's mindset was after that incident. Of course this might be one of the most horrible piece of writing you have ever read but I hope you guys let me know what you feel and whether I should actually continue a few more chapters on the same topic. So I hope you enjoy this read :). 



....






“Wake up sleepy head! Wake up…”
“Dewmi? What… are you doing here? Why was I …sleeping …on your… lap?”
“Dewmi? You idiot it’s me…its Anuhus…Wake up you drunkard!”


Ughhhh! Shit! What the hell was that dream….Why was I sleeping on Anuhus’s lap? What did I drink last night…”Vodka…Tequila and one Bloody Mary…” Ughh…Why is there a voice in my head…who is he? God I think I just had too much last night…But wait…Anuhus did come last night….he was there…he told Ashoka to keep away from his….”Brother” and he also called me “Buruwa”…”Haraka”…well I did deserve that didn’t I. I’m just  going back to sleep…it was all just a dream…he said something about making our dad proud…going back to school...he will help me…I said something about Dewmi…about being able to die for her…Shit! I did not! I did not just tell bro about Dewmi! Shit…she is his little sis…God…he will kill me...it must be a bad dream….”sleep away Avantha...sleep a bit more…you are just tired”…Dewmi…



….








Yesterday night was just too hazy to remember in a certain order of events but if everything I remember is true I just patched up with bro…with my Aiya…Urghh calling him that is kinda weird…haha but then he is my Aiya, the one that I denied for so long. I just didn’t have the guts to meet him up and talk to him but then I did make progress didn’t I? I called him up to ask him to come for dad’s funeral. I had to do that; Dewmi was so scared that my mom will make a scene there; I knew Anuhus would think the same but no matter what we are brothers and even though dad was one horrible father to Anuhus he deserved both his sons to be there at the funeral. Dewmi deserved to know that I accept the fact that Anuhus is actually my brother.






 She never tells me thing straight up but when she talks to me I know she is trying to put me on the right track and the first step in that right track is talking to Anuhus or at least that’s what I think. Dewmi just wants me to succeed in my life and she is trying her best. God…she is my whole life…I’ll give her anything…even my life…I donno where I’ll be without her…after dad’s death even though I never told anyone, I was in a very dark place in my life. I just wanted to drink and drink and die. I was so down that I just wanted to give up on myself, I have heard some people call this depression and that must be it because all I felt was sadness and I was depressed. Seeing Anuhus and Udeni aunty crying in front of the cemetery didn’t help things at all. All my life I was told that I was born with the silver spoon in my mouth. I was the son of a world famous cricketer and I had enough money to do whatever I want. At least that’s what I thought until I met Anuhus. 





He was just a “bastard son” according to my mom, and I was told he didn’t have anything I had but to me he had everything I cared for and that was love. All my life I just wasn’t given enough attention and the only attention I got was because I was Ravi’s son. I tried to hurt Anuhus so many times just to see him fall, I despised his happiness in small things in life…I just wasn’t content. People thought I hurt him because I was carrying my parent’s anger but no, that wasn’t it, I was just a jealous guy trying to hurt his own big bro. At one point I was just confused as to why I did the things I did because they just didn’t seem to hurt Anuhus, in fact it just made his stronger and it was only when I met Dewmi that I understood that what made Anuhus stronger wasn’t Samalka’s love but his family…his family who did so much for him and stood behind him every time he needed them…something I knew I would never have, until I met Dewmi…she just so easily filled up that void I had in my life and meeting her was like getting my life back…no matter where I went wrong Dewmi was always there behind me with as a constant source of love and affection and she…she was my family…the family that I craved for…for as long as I can remember…and she was the one who helped me get all those dark, depressing feelings away from myself…




“You love her don’t you?
 You love her more than anything else in your life.
Admit it Avantha, just admit it. You just live to see her smile…”
Yes…maybe I do…maybe that is what this feeling I have is called…



Patching things up with Anuhus was something I did think of after dad’s death but then I never had the guts. I just wanted Dewmi to see that I can change...that she was the reason I was changing but I did so much wrong to Anuhus that I just felt he would never accept me as his brother. How can he do that when I was such an asshole to him… god…I never knew that having a person calling me Haraka was going to bring so much happiness…haha he did seem to love the idea of being “big bro”… Even after that I just didn’t have the courage to call him my bro but when Ashoka came up to hit Anuhus that was the limit… How dare he lift his hand to my bro? Who does he think he is? Anuhus is Ravi Fernando’s eldest son, my big bro and nobody lifts their hand on him…not if I am around…and that’s when it just blurted out of my mouth “Meh mage sahodaraya”…there...it’s done…he can deny it now…lol…those words were so awkward…I have never called him that…haha…god I must have been really drunk..



“Denna hithenawa homba galawenna…BURUWA…Yaman gedara!
Ba…gedara yanneh kohomada…
Meh meh meh….palayan gedara…”


Okay…I must be a little bit more drunk than I thought I was …Buruwa…how dare he call me that…I am Avantha…Ravi Fernando’s son…wait…what? He didn’t deny being my bro, did he? What did he tell Ashoka…he said something like “Ai meh wada walata muwa gawala ahuwenna eppa…”






That’ all I remember. It is just so hazy…I just wanted to fall asleep. He just pulled me away from Ashoka and we went somewhere…ohh I got down at my house… but then my house never had a stone bench…Bro had to call up Aunty to tell her that he is not coming home that night…that was hilarious..here was the guy who like a lion shouted at Ashoka but became a scared kitten in front of his mom…come to think of it… that is exactly how I act in front of Dewmi isn’t it?…Maybe Dewmi learnt some things from Udeni Aunty… then he started the lecture… the lecture by his honorable Big Brother Anuhus Fernando…




“Dad never wanted you to destroy yourself like this…come back to school…I’ll help you…”





It was just so easy to talk to him, to trust him. Haha it was like meeting a best friend. I just wanted to tell him everything I was confused about and just ask for advice. It was so easy to call him bn and machan. It was like I have always said those things to him. I was like talking to…Dewmi. For the first time here was a guy who wasn’t with me because he wanted my money but because he was my brother and he really was concerned about me…blood was really thicker than water…and to think I lived 18 years of my life without this guy…

“That’s why you spoke about Dewmi with him, wasn’t it?
It was so easy to trust him,
 so easy to tell him all those things you had to keep to yourself…
so easy to look up to him… so easy to ask him for help to get on the right track…so easy to feel like you have known him all your life…
So easy to call him big bro”

Yes, yes it was…..


[To be continued….]

*Disclaimer: I do not have any ownership over any of the images used above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger