Thursday, January 25, 2018

# Dewani Inima # New Posts

Deweni Inima: 2017 – 2018 overall review (Part 1 - Dewmi - Avantha)







 Hello guysJ I am back after a very long break. I was stuck to my neck with studies and absolute laziness. To add to this my laptop went for a six and I believe it will never be recovered. So right now I’m using my little bro’s laptop and he absolutely knows nothing about it :P. So during my absence from the blog scene I did have the time to watch One Tree Hill and Lucifer and omg ain’t the Devil HOT! Overall I had the time to watch Koombiyo as well and I have to say that it’s an amazing drama. So without further ado let’s get down to business shall we? This post will most probably be broken into 3 separate blog posts (Dewmi-Avantha and Anuhus – Samalka and Criticisms) as I have so much to say about Deweni Inima and the current plotline and the utter failures it has been facing in recent times.





















Dewmi - Avantha



So the highlight of this year’s Deweni Inima was the fact that finally Dewmi gave up on Anuhus and moved on. I mean sometimes I wonder whether she mistook her sisterly love towards him for the real deal. I have to say that this move had a very positive effect on me as I always wondered why all the women flocked around Anuhus when his half brother is hot as hell :P. Also I personally felt that Anuhus and Dewmi just didn’t match because Dewmi was a bit too playful for Anuhus. Anuhus really needs someone a little less playful aka in my books I call that “BORING” and thus Samalka fits the description pretty well. Having said all that as much as Dewmi’s character is growing I feel she is yet the immature girl she was 100 episodes ago. She still has her playfulness and she still believes people will change over time. I feel that Dewmi might be wrong with the last regard because as far as I can see I don’t believe changing Avantha will be as easy as she believes it to be.








Avantha does show that he really cares for Dewmi as he was a bit hurt over the fact that Dewmi had to get hit by her dad because of his mistake however this doesn’t mean he is an angel. He simply is the kind of guy who hates to be under the control of anyone. He wants to do whatever he wants and he wants everyone to approve what he does. In simple words he wants to be the King. I have a bad feeling that with Dewmi’s growing feelings towards Avantha she will be taken for granted. The attraction Avantha had towards her was the fact she resembled the “forbidden fruit” as she was Anuhus’s sister. However, as soon as he gets hold of Dewmi he might feel she is not worth the hype, the same way he felt about Samalka. I personally believe that Dewmi needs to take this fact into account and play it safe with Avantha. Avantha may simply be using Dewmi to take revenge from Anuhus and Dewmi needs to take this into account too because she might be heading towards being another “Udeni”.






The added suspense in this love story is the fact that both Avantha and Dewmi needs to hide it from both their parents. I have a feeling that Anuhus has already suspected something and it won’t be long before Dewmi will get caught. There is also a chance that Dewmi might break up things between them as Avantha simply does not seem to change. He simply seems to be playing around with Dewmi’s feelings and even the “don’t do anything bad for 2 months” challenge is just a joke for him. Dewmi needs to realize that if she is to have any chance of changing Avantha that is only if she herself changes. I am saying this because of something weird I saw in her.







If you look carefully the feelings Dewmi is having towards Avantha is simply a red hot crush. It is the kind of thing you have when you are in a reckless mood. To Dewmi Avantha represents everything bad, everything her family told her to keep away from. To her the act of getting closer to Avantha is a rebellious deed. She wants to do it so that everyone will see that she is not the innocent little sister anymore. To add to this she plainly wants revenge from Samalka. 







In Dewmi’s head Samalka took away Anuhus from her aka took something that clearly belonged to her. Dewmi believes that by having an affair with Avantha she is taking something away from Samalka aka something that belonged to Samalka. It simply seems to be a revenge plot. This would explain why she is always talking about her relationship (with Avantha) with Samalka.  She believes that both Anuhus and Samalka will be jealous about her relationship with Avantha. In a very ironic way it seems to me that Dewmi just wants Avantha as a trophy boyfriend aka “look I have a hot boyfriend who used to date Samalka!” In a weird way this makes her similar to Avantha’s mother Ameesha as she too believes Ravi is her “hot man…the prime catch”.






So I believe that the writers should push these two towards a more romantic relationship. As far as I see this is just an A/L crush towards the hot guy in class. If the drama is to go further from here then the writers need to give more screen time to Avantha and Dewmi. I don’t understand why their storyline is just every other day when Anuhus and Samalka’s story goes every day. Most probably the writers need to cut down on the Mike scenes and put more of these two. 







We need more drama, more emotion, more passion and I feel all that will come to the drama from this one relationship. If Avantha can be shown as more sincere and Dewmi more in love I believe these characters will match up to their counterparts in One Tree Hill aka Nathan Scott and Haley. If more “Dewantha” scenes are not added we as an audience will be more bored as the drama progresses as the Samalka Anuhus relationship is a more mature and boring one  unlike Dewantha which is “hot from the oven”. 


Nathan Scott (Avantha) and Haley(Dewmi)



Let’s just hope the writers listen to us and in the mean time you can always share this post or voice your concerns on social media. After all it is after such a long time that a good drama is put up on Sri Lankan TV screens and we need to ensure that the standards are kept high. So on this note Part 1 of the review ends…lets meet again in the next part….:) Stay tuned to Drama Queen for more news from the Sri Lankan drama scene.

PS- A shout out to a friend of mine who does a Dewani Inima  website...don't forget to check that out <3 https://www.deweniinima.xyz/


Disclaimer : I do not have any ownership over images used in the above post they have been taken from the World Wide Web.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger