Sunday, September 3, 2017

# Dewani Inima # New Posts

Deweni Inima - A Forgotten Love - August Review 2017



What’s up guys? How are you all doing? Yep I know that I am very late to this and I am sorry about that. I am now in the 3rd year and the results were good. I just needed some time off to get my mind together and decide what subjects I am going to do for the final year, so I was very busy. Even after so much thinking however I haven’t still decided what I am going to do and it is a bit stressful. However let me keep all my life story stuff aside and get to the much waited reviewJ. So let’s get started shall we???



Okay, so this month was a hectic month in Deweni Inima and it was quite enjoyable to watch. I know some of you are comparing this storyline with that of One tree Hill (OTH) and stating that Deweni Inima is getting draggy and much like a Indian soap opera but then I don’t think so. I believe OTH was quite a different story because it speaks of a different culture. 



Halfway through it talks of living together, sex and booze but that is not a possibility with Deweni Inima. If the writer even thought of putting such things into this drama people will stop watching it and so to compensate for that Deweni Inima writers have to put in more screen time for Mike and Chubby and even Malki and Danuka. 



After all, if all the characters are not provided with a storyline then we are left guessing what happened to them. I personally like the strategy the writers are using right now. They are putting in the drama, the anger and love but all in small doses. I really don’t like those dramas like Swapna which has huge doses of hatred and drama; I tend to skip those episodes intentionally. In Deweni Inima I feel the writers has striked the right balance on the emotionsJ.




This week the whole drama was about Udeni and Ravi’s love story. There was so much emotion in those scenes that I just felt that they were in love again. I just felt that somewhere deep down Ravi was still deeply in love with Udeni. I felt that he might have married Amesha because his father wanted him to. I felt that he was doing all those bad things to Anuhas because he didn’t want to feel the love he felt for Udeni and her son. Those scenes were what I would call “high voltage” and from what I saw Udeni is yet helplessly in love with Ravi and his ego.



 If I were to give my opinion on this I would say that this is bad news...very bad news. Look, what I mean is that Amesha is already pissed with Udeni and if by any chance she finds something up between Ravi and Udeni she will kill Anuhas. Udeni in that sense is asking for trouble by still loving Ravi. I also really don’t like the way she falls apart in front of Amesha. I mean if I was Udeni I would just “accidently” throw a juice at Amesha’s face the next time she comes to my shop. Amesha is just a regular bitch (Anjula’s acting is amazing) and Udeni should reply back to her accusations. 




Amesha even had the gut to call Udeni a “whore” and if it was me, I would have acted like I didn’t hear it right – just like Ananda did some time ago. I seriously think that the writers should put some life into Udeni. I just feel she is being too emotional...I need more “woman power”. For god sake, this is a woman who was a single mother in this conservative Sri Lankan society so she has to be more tough right? Come on writers...work on it!!!




The love this month I felt came from Anuhas and Samalka (as usual) but the utter cuteness came from Avantha and Dewmi. OMG!!! These two match so much!!! Dewmi really knows how to teach Avantha his life lessons in the harshest possible way. I loved it when she took the jeep for a ride right in front of Avantha’s eyes. If it was Anuhas in this situation he would just throw an anger fit and Avantha would enjoy it but Dewmi just knows how to wind up Avantha – LOVE THAT!!  Seriously!!!These two need more screen time together...one meet up once a week on screen is not enough...!!!



If this love story is going to happen I want Avantha to fall in love first but he shouldn’t understand that what he is feeling is love. I want him to fight that feeling and be angry with himself. I want him to have sleepless nights and I want him to have an inner fight with himself. Yes, I want him to suffer, I want him to torture himself...it’s about time he understood the true meaning of love. I need him questioning about why he feels so protective when it comes to Dewmi. Since he is such an arrogant character I don’t personally believe falling head over heels in love without an inner fight is quite his characterJ.



I also liked that fact that this month finally the writers made some progress with Samalka’s character. I feel that the fact that she faced Dewmi and told her she can make Anuhas go for cricket practices is a big thing. However I want the writers to be more realistic. I know Samalka had lost so much in her life but I don’t think she will let go off Anuhas so easily. After all it is after such a long time that she found someone who loves and cares for her like Anuhas so how can she give him up to Dewmi without a fight. 



I really want the writers to progress in this area because I really don’t like this draggy love triangle between Anuhas – Samalka – Dewmi and the other one between Anuhas - Samalka – Avantha. It just doesn’t seem to be progressing either way. I want Avantha and Dewmi to understand that Anuhas – Samalka are meant to be together and then move on from there onwards...move on and fall in love with each other...




So this is about it when it comes to the overall review. I kinda dragged it because I wanted to include the results from the Coach Sir VS Lionel match in this review but then you guys must have been impatiently waiting for this review so I just went forward with itJ. Hope you enjoyed this review and stay tuned to Drama Queen for the latest in the Sri Lankan Drama Land <3 J.


2 comments:

  1. Rex aiya issara wage baridha ara thatta mamata nelanna? oo tikak vadi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mikey chubby dennama prekshakayanta epa vena tharamatama over acting. anuhas gahanu lamai passen yana eka adukaranna. thanatamath oyata namak hadhila ivarai "kelayah" kiyala. Avantha thamai than ape main actor eya nathuwa natya balanna hithenne na. gamey kellange seen adukaroth hondai. natya vinadi 20 karala add vinadi 10 kaloth hondai. apey kalaya godak nasty venawa.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger