Wednesday, July 5, 2017

# New Posts # Swarnawahini

Thawa Durai Jeewithe (Swarnawahini) -1st review 2017



Hello guysJ. I hope you like the new look and all because my friend did a good job with it. Is it better than the one before? I have to admit that I liked the former look better though. LolJ. So today’s review is on a new drama which hit the screens recently. It’s on Swarnawahini every week day at 8.00pm. This is a brand new drama and I am quite addicted to it. As you all know I am not always hooked to a drama, only a few dramas catch my eye and if I like it I will continue to watch it. Right now I can tell you guys that this drama is a good one to watch out for. So let’s get down to the review, shall we?

Anuhas


The story starts off with 4 couples and couple number 1 is Anuhas and Aparna. Both of them met in campus and that’s where their love bloomed. Aparna is a B.Comm student while Anuhas was in the medical faculty. Overall their love story had not much problems. Of course Anuhas’s mother is one of those Asian tiger moms who want to control every aspect of their child’s life. However, even with such a mom Anuhas had no problem convincing his family that Aparna is a really good girl and that she suits him well.

Aparna


Couple number 2 is Anuradha and Misha and they are the most interesting couple. If you have watched Sal Sapuna on Sirasa TV then you guys already know these two characters. They are the main love story couple as far as I know in Sal Sapuna. Anyway, these two were never in love, it was just a proposed marriage brought up by Misha’s granny. 

Misha's family


The story goes that all the property in Misha’s family is in Misha’s name and this is because she is loved by her granny. Her family just seems to be treating her nicely because she has all the money and if she leaves then the family will be begging on the streets. To add to this Misha had another boyfriend while her proposal to Anuradha was confirmed. This guy was just after Misha’s money and in the end just releases some “totally” edited pictures of Misha to the public. This in turn results in Misha trying to commit suicide only to be rescued by Anuhas who is now a doctor. 



This in turn results in Anuhas’s marriage being delayed as he was in the emergency room while he was supposed to be getting married. (This interpretation might be wrong as I did not watch the drama at this point with any interest:P)

Misha


 However it is at this point that all the awesome stuff happens. It turns out that Misha can only survive if she gets the kind of love she has never got in her life. To this role of the “lover” falls Anuhas who is forced to do it because his best bud who is also a doctor is in love with Misha’s aunt and Misha is the only link for him to find out where this aunt is. So this literally causes fire bombs to go off all over the place. Aparna suddenly finds out that Anuhas’s mother is a bloody bitch who wants to take Aparna home just to make a servant out of her. She is forced not to go to work even after she gets a 1st class degree. 

Aparna's sister


Aparna’s sister is the only woman who can stand up for Aparna while Anuhas is preoccupied with Misha. Little by little Anuhas gives more attention to Misha while ignoring Aparna. Aparna while being the sweet girl she is; is left to cry her heart out while Anuhas’s mom bullies her around. To add to this even Anuhas is controlling. He simply does not like Aparna going to a job nor pursuing higher studies and out of the blue Aparna is stuck in a cruel world where she cannot make her dead parent’s wishes come true because of her future husband.

Monsters in law - Anuhas's mom and dad


 To add to this Anuradha (he is cute in a weird wayJ) is left feeling stranded by Misha because she is claiming that she is in love with Anuhas. Little by little we see Misha trying hard (while in hospital, mind you) to get close to Anuhas by replacing Aparna. To give and honest opinion I have to say that she is so bloody selfish. I mean just because she wants love doesn’t mean she can rob it from some innocent girl like Aparna right? I just plain hate Misha’s selfish desires. Anuradha on the other hand finds that he is the senior trainer for Aparna who has just joined the company he is working for. This pushes both theses stranded lovers together and I bloody love thatJ.

Anuradha



So as things are right now I have to say I love this drama. It has everything I want in a drama. I mean it’s not every day that you see love triangles and a great second lead right? I personally love the fact that Anuradha is pushed together with Aparna and I really think they make a wonderful couple. Both of them are good people with kind hearts and loads of dreams. I just feel that Anuhas is trying to force Aparna out of her dream so that she could simply be a housewife. His excuse is simply that working women don’t have time for family life. That’s the most patriarchal thing I have ever heard in a drama straight after everything Avantha says to Samalka in Dewani Inima. I just hope Anuhas gets stuck with Misha and Aparna and Anuradha end up together. If Aparna and Anuradha get together I will just continue to watch this drama till the endJ.

I support this couple <3



Overall I believe I will give this drama 3 out of 5 because there are a lot of areas to improve on. I mean first of all the writers should give some spunk to Aparna. As far as I see her sister is one strong feminist woman who can stand her ground while Aparna seems like a wimpy kid. She revolves her dreams around that of Anuhas and his mother’s. I also want to see more background information on Misha and Anuradha. Both these characters are yet not fully developed as there are many gaps in their “lives” to be filled. Also I like to see the love story between best bud and Misha’s aunt. I mean he seems like a really good guy and I am not sure whether he was dumped. Also dear writers give some more work to Anuhas! I mean, he is either at Misha’s or talking to his best bud at hospital. Doesn’t he have any more patients?  To add to that don’t make Aparna so dependent on Anuhas – it’s so annoying god dame it! So if all these areas are improved then this drama will most probably get 5 out of 5 from me. Let’s hope for the best. You guys can catch this drama on Swarnawahini at 8.00pm every week day and I totally recommend this drama to you guysJ. Kudos...lets meet again in another post:* and don’t forget to stay tuned to Drama Queen for the latest entertainment news in Sri LankaJ.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger