Monday, January 2, 2017

# New Posts # Sidu

Dilum and Theruni ( A love story ) - Sidu



Well it has been sometime and I haven’t posted in awhile.  However I did some work on my University blog and therefore was a bit on the busy side. Plus I have problems with Commercial law...it’s so hard peopleL.  Since I missed you guys so much I just decided to post on a very “hot” topic these days. Well of course Sidu itself is a “hot” topic these days but the love story blooming in it is a separate “hot” topic altogether.  Yes you guys guessed it right. I am talking about the cute love story (kind of) between Dilum Aiya (played by Yash Mihiran) and Thenuri (played by Maneesha-Chanchala).  It’s getting better by the day and I just love it. Ahhh I am such a romance freak at heartJ. Please excuse me for my fan girl comments all over this post. So let’s get started shall we??????

The cute bicycle scene - lol the continuous bickering :) 


Okay. So all this time that tiny, mean Heshan was posing as the potential “lover boy” in Sidu and I actually kind of liked it. I thought that he was really trying to make Thenuri fall in love with him because he really liked her. However it turned out that he was after her “green card”. In other words he was just a leech and just wanted to ride on Thenuri’s coat tails. His true intention was to get her to take him to England. After this destruction of all my romantic ideas about Thenuri and Heshan I really thought Sidu might not take a romantic turn.

Heshan on the left :) 


However thanks to the ancient Greek gods of love – whoever they may be; sent me my guardian angel in the form of Dilum Aiya. He was always a lovable character and was also so upright and honest. He was thus the perfect Mr. Right aka my dream guyJ. If I remember right Dilum Aiya/ Yash Mihiran is the guy who won Sirasa Man Hunt in 2015. He is from Matara (My hometown) and was one batch behind my brother at his school St. Thomas College Matara. However all this doesn’t actually matter to me because no matter what, he is so freaking hot!! (Excuse my vivid fan girl descriptionsJ).

2015 Sirasa Man Hunt winner


Now Dilum is the son of the head master in the village and is fresh out of campus. He recently got a high end job as a website designer and is such a fine lad. Unlike Heshan I feel this guy has all the right qualities you want in a guy and the added advantage is he is so freaking cute ( fan girl swoonJ- excuse me again). He does show so much feeling for Thenuri/ Maneesha-Chanchala and right now I just want them to work out. He is always behind her and seems to be thinking a lot about her and I see that cupid has done his homework alright.( Dear Cupid I need a guy like that!!!)



However Cupid has totally forgotten his homework when it comes to Thenuri. She is just outright rude to Dilum (Awwww I am heartbroken over here people..L..). She shows so much “gas” (as Sri Lankan’s put it) when Dilum comes up to her and I just feel so sorry for Dilum.

Theruni :) 


 I have a feeling however that Sidu and podi Sadhu have a hidden agenda when it comes to this couple. Both these little fellows are allowing a relationship to bloom between Thenuri and Dilum Aiya by simply being childish. In recent times Thenuri’s hard outer shell is breaking and just this week she started talking to Dilum like normal human’s do. Hey! I see potential here. I seriously root for this couple!!!After all it is after so much time that I saw a really cute and romantic love story in a Sri Lankan drama especially after *Olu on Swarnawahini. If you guys haven’t watched Olu then it time you do because that was the most beautiful Sri Lankan drama I have ever watched, that is of course until I watched Sidu. I hope the people who are doing Sidu follow the example set by Olu and does a nice love story without all these copy cat scenes from Indian Soap Operas.



Right now I am not quite sure whether Thenuri and Dilum will be together but well if they aren’t then I am going to quit Sidu. After all we do need a nice cute love story for all the people in their 20’s who are watching Sidu right? I just hope the people behind Sidu will understand what the public want and put up a nice cute love story between Thenuri and Dilum instead of one between Thenuri and Heshan. If this love story does work out then of course Sidu will stay up as Sri Lanka’s best drama / Number 1 drama forever.

The 2 bad guys in Sidu right now


*****Pls take your time to vote on who you want to be the lover couple in Sidu...:) (Voting on the side bar).


*Olu was a legendary drama shown on Swarnawahini. It told of a story of a poor young schoolgirl (Olu – played by Manjula Kumari) who fell in love with her young English Teacher (played by Suraj Mapa). Their love story goes through many obstacles but in the end they succeed. I myself watched this drama at least 4 times. I might do a review on it later. This drama was so popular in Sri Lanka those days that everyone knew Olu.


Please note that my blog has a problem where I cannot see comments. Don’t be annoyed if I don’t reply however my email srilankacricket77@gmail.com is always open for you guys to mail J I also would like some of my blog readers for some solid information on OLU for my next post(if you could mail me then that’s great). I remember the story but the names have simply slipped my mind.....ENJOY J J J J J

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger