Saturday, November 28, 2015

# K-Drama

Ananthayen Aa Tharu Kumara – Last review





So this was the last week of My Love from another Star. This is the last week we see Song Yi and Do Min Jo’s love story. This week we saw the happily ever after ending we always wanted for Song Yi and Do Min Jo. So let’s get to see what happened this week in one of the most loved KDrama’s of 2015 in Sri Lanka.



The week starts off with Do Mi Jo and Song Yi magically appearing in front of Song Yi’s family. They are pretty shocked but adoration shines in Song Yi’s brother’s eyes.  So the rumor is around that they are married and Song Yi’s dad doesn’t mind it.
Semmi moves away from HwKyung and they are now just friends. He is anyhow struggling with the fact that his brother actually killed his older brother and it seems to me that he cannot handle it. The scene where he takes wine to his dad is just so emotional that I was on the verge of crying. Throughout the drama he was this rich playful and adorable boy but all this trouble has actually made him grow up. I also liked that fact that he trusts Do Min Jo and wants him to help out with his family problems. The dad however is one of the most annoying dad’s I have seen and he comes straight after Kim Tan’s dad in The Heirs for the most hated KDrama dads.



Do Min Jo on the other hand is having huge problems. It all starts with the blood coming from his nose and his knowledge that he will die very soon. He wants to stay with Song Yi but times running out and his powers are disappearing. I feel really sorry for this guy as he is going to lose the one true love he found after 400 years. The fact that he disappeared just as Song Yi is making her wish was just heartbreaking to watch. Anyhow when he started to reappear here and there I thought everyone was just imagining things.



Song Yi has grown up throughout this drama and it has been quite hilarious to watch. From being a top end actress to a passionate lover she has had quite a journey. I felt quite heart broken when she opened her eyes and saw Do Min Jo has actually gone. The way she fell down and started to cry was just so sad. The fact that her husband is going to leave her just like her father did makes things really sad for her. The half madness with which she ran around after Do Min Jo’s departure was just so understandable. We actually could cry along with her when she asked all her friends for “Do Min Jo” stories and it was quite heartbreaking. Overall in the last few episodes we could safely say that it was Song Yi and HwKyung who got the hardest blows.



The Ending:

Do Min Jo was sighted 3 times if I am not mistaken by 3 different people and that quite made me suspicious. I mean I was just like could it be? I was hoping that it was actually Do Min Jo all the time. When he finally appeared out of the blue I was just like crying from happiness. Throughout this drama I so hoped that the screen writers would not give us a Roof Top Prince ending and when Do Min Jo reappeared I was just relieved.  The ending was just one of the best I have seen in a KDrama. The kiss and the last episode were just heartwarming. In the end My Love from another Star  I believe will join the ranks of best KDramas shown in Sri Lanka. It will be up there with Dae Jang Guem, Dong Yi, BOF etc. I also have to point out that Sirasa did a good job in the dubbing unit. Of course there were a few slips here and there when compared with the Korean version but hats off to you guys. My favorite voice of this drama was HwKyung’s of course. Isuru’s voice matched the actor’s face so well and his voice and behavior reminded me so much of Gu Jun Pyo.




In the end I have to say it is a sad farewell and I already miss our Min Jo couple. However we will meet them next week Saturday at 2.30 for the last week episodes. It was quite bad of Sirasa to drag it to next week than show it today but at least it will make us meet our favorite characters all over again. I know it is a sad farewell but the next KDrama on Sirasa TV is very nice and very popular. More news on it will be put up later today or tomorrow night at the latest. J J J J J J


2 comments:

Powered By Blogger